cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

swept blend

ptc-5493477
1-Newbie

swept blend

I have created an elbow as a swept blend. It starts out as a circle and ends up as a circle.

I'm apparently doing something wrong.

Again.

Please see the attached file.

The issue is that after the circles are blended, they are no longer circles but splines. I can't measure it in model space and can't dimension it in drawing space.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
36 REPLIES 36
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Smoooooth like buttah!

Just for the sake of completeness... and something new to learn...

If you have access (probably requires maintenance):

http://learningexchange.ptc.com/tutorial/3336/utilizing-solid-bend-and-flatten-quilt-functionality-in-creo-parametric

flatten_quilt_deformation.PNG

Just FYI, nothing on the Learning Exchange requires maintenance (unless something has changed in the last 6 months). Learning Exchange is a totally free service.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks for that clarification, Brian. It always wants me to log in and it doesn't remember my logon info. I wasn't sure what it is bouncing the credentials against.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Little bit offtopic but I never understood why they want you to login just to see free tutorials. It just puts ppl initialy off from using it.

That is sort of strange... and I could see how that login might put people off from using the service.

Conventional thinking regarding most information on the internet is "if you provide something (a service, etc) to the user, you have the right to request some minimum information from him/her". Many internet sites and services seem to adhere to this reasoning. So although the videos are free, PTC is using the opportunity to collect usage information in the form of a login.

I had begun assembling a web service to offer completely free videos and tutorials. But it's tough to compete with the sheer volume of tutorials put out by PTC. It seemed like it wasn't such a great use of my time to try to out-do them... so I rather abandoned the idea. There's a rumor that some of the latest videos I created for Ninja Cabling are supposed to be added to the free Learning Exchange. We'll see if they make it... I'm not sure if PTC will be willing to put a customer-created set of videos onto what is essentially a corporate controlled site but we'll see.

Flatten-Quilt Deformation - 3D feature mapping

The all seeing PTC Eye! A tough nut to crack

Top Tags