cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

use basic views and planes on a step file import

DarylWolf
4-Participant

use basic views and planes on a step file import

When i import a step file it has no standard top right front views or base planes. Is there a way to automatically add these to the part. or do i have to go through the views manager and add them and create all the planes. thanks for the help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DarylWolf)

Set the config.pro option intf_in_use_template_models to yes. Parts and assemblies in the STEP file will then be created using your standard templates as defined by the config.pro options template_solidpart and template_designasm.

Tom U.

DarylWolf
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Tom this isnt working. what am i doing wrong. i had to add it to the config. was it supposed to be in there already?

thanks.

Have a look at the Tools tab> Import Profile Editor. Lots of control there for imports.

Redro
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

i do not find intf_in_use_template_model this option

another solution it is posibil?

in import profile editor not find anything to help me

tks

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:DarylWolf)

use_template.JPG

above is the use template option

I also need this for a screw. If at least the program would let me place the planes around the screw as I want, that would be great. It's just amazing how complicated and annoying this software can be...

Top Tags