cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

weak dimension color, highlight - secondary

egifford
4-Participant

weak dimension color, highlight - secondary

I've had a user ask about changing the color of weak dimensions as displayed in sketcher. I have to agree with him when he says the gray can sometimes be easily overlooked. I've found it's controlled by the system color setting for "highlight - secondary", but that also controls the color of the "back"face of datum planes. He might be willing to live with the face of datum planes changing, but sometimes these settings have weird hooks into other functions or features that are not immediately evident. Does anyone know if it controls the color for anything else? Does anyone know of a different way to make weak dimensions stand out more?

Wildfire 3 M250

Erik

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
ehill
1-Newbie
(To:egifford)

Steve Smith had an excellent suggestion in the WF4 upgrade guide I bought from him, which we have used herewith great success and user approval. I have made weak dimensions/constraints purple, which follows a consistent meme with created dimensions in drawings that have lost their references. You see purple, you need to do something about it. Strong dimensions and constraints are green (green means go!) and locked dimensions are orange (no good meme here, I can't remember ifthis isthe default).

Not sure if this helps you with WF3, maybe something to look forward to?

Eric Hill
Staff Engineer
ASM America
(T) 602.470.2720
(F) 602.470.0747

ehill
1-Newbie
(To:egifford)

Apologies, I forgot to point out that in WF4 they added the ability to control the color of all the sketcher entities. A pretty nice addition.

Eric Hill
Staff Engineer
ASM America
(T) 602.470.2720
(F) 602.470.0747

Top Tags