cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

working with large assemblies

ChrisVanHoeck
1-Newbie

working with large assemblies

I have a large assembly with alot of subasms and components. What is the best way to hide some components and visually see what I am looking for (be it components or subasms) and then take the data and export it to another file. I only want to export the data that is visible, not the hidden data. I am having problems because all the compnents and subasms have links to other parts when they were added to the asm. Help !!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Try this: Create the simplyfied Rep. having required parts you need to view and then do save a copy of the top level AS. in seperate folder. It will save only the active parts/AS/Sub-As.But if your AS. have some instances in it.It might give you some issue.

This is a huge pain in the ass, I HATE proE. Why can you not make a selection box, UGH, this system is so un user friendly, I miss my UG and Solidworks. Why do the most simple tasks have to be so difficult.

I feel your pain. Hope anyone else here have good ans. for you. Good Luck.
Top Tags