cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Alphanumeric Callouts Forbidden?

ptc-4040953
1-Newbie

Alphanumeric Callouts Forbidden?

Hello all,

I would like to add a letter to some of my callout numbers in IsoDraw 7.2. I am right-clicking on the callout and selecting Element info... from the menu. When I add any alpha character--for example, "A"--to the text field, I get an error that says "Invalid value. The expression 'A' is invalid!" The PTC help material does not address this. For this project, I am able to output to PDF and edit the characters in the PDF.

I see no reason why this should not be allowed. Is this a known issue?

If anyone has heard of this, please let me know.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

HI

Have you tried modifying your callout style from the attributes window and applying a Prefix of "A".

FYI - You may want to create a separate callout style for these types of callouts unless of course you want every callout to have the prefix A. Search for "Specifying the Callout Style" in the Help.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. It appears the Text field is restricted to numeric input, while the Prefix and Postfix fields do allow alphanumeric input. Fortunately, I didn't need to bother with creating different callout styles to accomplish this either. This way of numbering callouts is strange to me, but I suppose that is PTC's way of ensuring that callouts can be automatically renumbered.

Thank you for answering my question.

Have a great day!

You may want to read up on Callout Attributes "Scheme" which controls the numbering feature you are describing. Several options exist there that might interest you.

Have a good day!

Top Tags