cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Change Task Affected Resulting Objects Compare Creo View

MtnDog
7-Bedrock

Change Task Affected Resulting Objects Compare Creo View

Hi,

It would be great if there was an "Open in Creo View" button with two or more objects selected, one in Affected and one in Resulting.  In this application the reviewer (or anyone looking at the Affected/Resulting objects) can checkbox the Affected drawing and the Resulting drawing, click the button and both drawings open in the same creo view so they can then compare the two objects.

Currently the user has to open one item, and then go back to the change task and open the second item.

1 REPLY 1
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:MtnDog)

Jeffrey Zemsky‌,

I appreciate your comment on idea: Improve the affected and resulting objects window of a change task/note‌, and your corresponding video.  I think (hope) you are close to being able to implement this idea.  The "Open in Creo View" button is already on the Windchill clipboard toolbar.  It must not take much extra code to put the button on the Change Summary toolbar.

The use case is:

• User gets a workflow task and has access to the Change Summary table.
  • The Change Summary table is configured to show affected and resulting objects, like the screenshot below.
  • The user wishes to compare the rev I and J drawings with minimum amount of clicks.

If "Open in Creo View" was on the toolbar of the Change Summary table, it would only take 3 clicks to get the old & new rev drawings open in Creo View so they can be compared.

The alternative is to copy both revs, then open the Windchill clipboard and find both revs, and then click on the "Open in Creo View" button.  That is not a lot of extra clicks when you're talking about 1 drawing for 1 Change Notice.  But it adds up when you're talking about multiple drawings for 1 Change Notice.

2016-12-29_14-43-52.jpg

Top Tags