cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Context folder location

adev-2
4-Participant

Context folder location

Hi Friends,

I am working on SQL functionality where I need to get the folder detail includes name of product/library, name of folder and location of folder, I am able to fetch product and folder name detail but I am not able to find the location of folder can anyone please help me how I can get folder location using sql query

2 REPLIES 2
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:adev-2)

A D wrote:

Hi Friends,

I am working on SQL functionality where I need to get the folder detail includes name of product/library, name of folder and location of folder, I am able to fetch product and folder name detail but I am not able to find the location of folder can anyone please help me how I can get folder location using sql query

From the subfolder table the ida3b2folderinginfo column contains the (subfolder.)ida2a2 of the parent folder. Keep looking "up" until the ida3b2folderinginfo column is 0 (or the classnamekeyb2folderinginfo column is null) and at this point you have found the root folder.

RandyJones wrote:

A D wrote:

Hi Friends,

From the subfolder table the ida3b2folderinginfo column contains the (subfolder.)ida2a2 of the parent folder. Keep looking "up" until the ida3b2folderinginfo column is 0 (or the classnamekeyb2folderinginfo column is null) and at this point you have found the root folder.

And here is an Oracle query that will look "up" and find the parents of a subfolder:

select

name,

ida2a2,

nameb2folderinginfo,

ida3b2folderinginfo

from subfolder

connect by prior ida3b2folderinginfo = ida2a2

start with name='<Name of  Folder goes here>'

order by ida2a2;

And here is an Oracle query that will look "down" and find the children of a subfolder:

select

name,

ida2a2,

nameb2folderinginfo,

ida3b2folderinginfo

from subfolder

connect by prior ida2a2 = ida3b2folderinginfo

start with name='<Name of  Folder goes here>'

order by ida2a2;

Top Tags