cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Dashboard

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Dashboard

After some weeks using PA for Creo I would like to discuss some hints and also have further clarifications.

First of all, what cause me a headache every day is MTTX history chart.

What I would expect it's not to have data of last 4 weeks changed every single day.

Attached are two pictures taken last two Fridays at the same exact time in the evening.

MTTX - 09102015.PNGMTTX - 16102015.PNG

As you can see, the starting day of the week is different and the first picture has 7 rows instead of 8 (selected period is last 8 weeks).

In this way every day the progress of the chart varies and it becomes difficult to follow the trend.

Another issue concerns the MTTX time.

I know that a number divided by 0 is equal to 0, but I think that, if there are no unexpected exits, the MTTX time should be equal to the working time otherwise you'll see a chart like second picture, where it seems that Creo no longer works for any user.

To better understand the progress of the chart it would also be useful to be able to add notes to track a particular event, for example, a user who continues to commit the same mistakes, although he knew how to avoid it.

The last issue concerns users identification (UID).

If you encrypted UID and UUID and also change this values regardless of whether they are the same (in Windows Active Directory every user has its own SID), how we can work with users to solve issue?

We have about 60 Creo users and 11 of them has two different UID.

Last but not least: many data sessions are not appearing in Session Counts dashboard even if they are present in SentFiles folder (see lat few days in attached picture).

MTTX - Sessions.PNG

Marco
16 REPLIES 16
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Without the ability to correlate user (username or computer name) to a session, I find the whole thing rather useless.  I have no interest in maintaining a custom look-up chart between UID's, UUID's, users, and computers.

I do agree with your comment about zero unexpected exits.  These should be the highest points on the chart, not the lowest.

...if there are no unexpected exits, the MTTX time should be equal to the working time otherwise you'll see a chart like second picture, where it seems that Creo no longer works for any user.

It does look like something changed with how the data is being reported or processed by PTC.  We're suddenly showing twice the number of users:

mttx1.PNG

The exit percentages are also completely unrealistic.  (Things are working good right now.  I would be getting a non-stop earful if we really were crashing this much!)

mttx2.PNG

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Correction on the last two point above.  I think the increase in users is due to the Windchill CAD workers being included.  I'm guessing the increase in MTTX is due to how the CAD workers terminate Creo when done.  (The sessions are terminated after being idle for a certain period of time.)  Looks like I either need to figure out a way to separate the CAD worker sessions from the "normal user" sessions or just shut off reporting on the CAD workers all together.

Hi Marco, hi Tom,

This is very good feedback. There are a few interesting subjects here; user names, and user 'groups'. The latter; might be addressed by 'tagging' machines/users that either perform a specific function (i.e CAD Workers, batch jobs etc) or belong to a specific site/BU/project/team.

I would suggest opening Product Ideas to allow voting, and community members can join in on the topic discussion.

Thanks for posting this!

- Dan

Dan,

thanks for your answer, but can you explain, other than what is already documented, why I found zip files sessions in SentFiles folders, but this data doesn't appear in my dashboard?

Marco

Hi Marco,

No, not without a full investigation. Would you be able to open a case with TS and attach the SentFiles folder?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I've just opened a case as you suggest.

If could help you this is the case https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case.jsp?n=12799022

Thanks.

Marco

Thank you Marco,

I see the case in our system. You are in good hands and this should be sorted out fairly quickly I hope.

- Dan

Dan,

thanks for the quick investigation and related article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS221106

Marco

Hi Dan,

I've add a couple of comments and relative zip files on this case https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/case=12799022‌ which has an open SPR4872699 associated, but haven't got any reply.

I discovered some other strange behavior about sessions not sent and exit logger type, so before I add some other comment I would like to know if you consider this case still open, as I can see in his status, or if I have to open another one.

Thanks for your attention

Marco

Dan,

there is an idea already opened about showing Login Name and Hostname for PA administrator Enable Performance Advisor to show the real Login Name and Host Name of sessions instead of the masked data currently av…

Waiting PTC implementation of that idea, I think another good one is at least to avoid changing UID for the same user.

As I already wrote, in Microsoft Active Directory every user has a unique SID (from a windows shell you can get it with the command "whoami /user").

If you could use this SID I think UID should never change.

Your request was to open an idea about tagging data in another way?

The latter; might be addressed by 'tagging' machines/users that either perform a specific function (i.e CAD Workers, batch jobs etc) or belong to a specific site/BU/project/team

Marco

DanielC.Nowitz

today in the dashboard I saw again a session which shows a different UID for the same user.

Should I have to open a case or have you got any idea for this strange behavior that drives me crazy?

Thanks

Marco

Hi Marco,

If you have checked to make sure he is not running two different installations, then yes, please open a case. The only logical reason would be two different datecodes, where a change to code was implemented. We did this only once between the first two available datecodes and the current ones.

-Dan

It's been three days since nothing new came in my dashboard.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

OLD.PNG

MTTX.PNG

Marco

I have got an answer from TS about above comment:

... As it seems no session recorded after last Sunday is showing in the dashboards.

It is a general issue, not only affecting you, but other customers as well.

Our own data at PTC does not show newer sessions either...

Marco

Sessions data are back from last Thursday (11/26).

Marco
Top Tags