cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

EMX - Problem with Meusburguer ejectors

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

EMX - Problem with Meusburguer ejectors

Hi,

Meusburguer ejectors aren´t designed correctly. The dimension showed in the picture is fixed and should be variable(after being cut by part). This leads to errors in mold designs.
I have corrected some of the files in version 7, but now that I´ve installed version 8.0 I have to do it again.

Please correct this problem for future versions.

This happens in stepped and blade ejectors.

EJCT_E1725+%28Active%29+E__Moldes_ejct_e1725.png

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the hint, I will check this issue myself.

Anyway, you can use in EMX 8.0 the same data (parts and configuration files) you have corrected in EMX 7.0. The 2 versions are fully compatible regarding the data format. So you don't have to correct it again in EMX 8.0.

If you need any other information, just send me an e-mail at emx@buw-soft.de.

Regards,

Florin

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:florin)

Hi Florin,

Thanks for your reply.

It´s hard to keep files from one version to another because this situation implies changing part and dat files.

In dat files we have to compare line by line, no way we can spend time doing this.

In Meusburger ejectors we are having two more problems:

1 - Accuracy problems. Other ejectors come with absolute accuracy 0.001, Meusburguer ejectors come with Relative 0.00012.

2 - New ejectors don´t seem to work correctly - E1702, E1712, E1715, E1726, E1727, E1728, E1745, E1786, E1790

Extractor.jpg

Thanks for your help again.

Jose

Hi Jose,

I suppose you made the changes in the folders:

<emx70_loadpoint>\components\mm\ejector\ for the parts

<emx70_loadpoint>\components\mm\ejector\meusburger for the configuration files

If you say you have also changed dat files, then you have also made changes into the folder

<emx70_loadpoint>\components\mm\library

To use those changes in EMX 8.0 as well, you can do that by using the user configuration path:

- Before you start EMX you set up an environment variable named EMX_USER_CONFIG_PATH to the value of the path where you have the EMX 7.0 configuration

- e.g. you installed EMX 7.0 under d:\creo_apps\emx70 and EMX 8.0 under d:\creo_apps\emx80. If you want to use both configurations you can set the variable to EMX_USER_CONFIG_PATH=d:\creo_apps\emx70;d:\creo_apps\emx80. First value in the list is the default configuration.

- Alternative you can copy the folders "components" and "configuration" to another location of your choice (e.g. d:\creo_apps\emx_configuration) and then set this new location as default. Then you can use every change you make in that folder in every EMX version starting with EMX 5.0 up.

I will check the ejector problems and will give you update on that. Which EMX and Creo versions are you using?

Regards,

Florin

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:Jose_Costa)

Hi Florin,

The previous problem is solved.

In Version 7.0 I´ve made some changes in the file:

\components\mm\ejector\meusburger\comp_data.txt

When I installed version 8.0, I replaced the original with my changed file. Now I restored the original and it´s working.

Thanks.

Jose

tschneyer
6-Contributor
(To:Jose_Costa)

Ryan Kelley‌ please add to Expert Moldbase Extension - EMX

Kind Regards
Thomas Schneyer
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags