cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Exporting Weld Data

DanMcCaherty
1-Newbie

Exporting Weld Data

We would like to pass along weld data to some applications that run outside of the Pro/E environment. I can load the data as weld feature parameters & format my Model Tree, then export that, or I can create a Pro/REPORT table & export that as a .txt, or .csv file. I really like the second option, however I'm extremely limited as to what I can include in the Repeat Regions of the Table. The Weld feature data that is accessible thru the report function (in Wildfire 5) is shown in the attached image. We want to include the weld type, but (eg. fillet, bevel groove, j-groove, bevel groove, etc), the weld feature ID #, the weld process that was assigned to the weld, as well as all of the weld PROCESS parameters (NONE of those are available to be included in Report Tables.

I can get some of this stuff if I create tons of "USER DEFINED" parameters, but thats a lot of extra manual work that in most cases just doesn't get done. We could write programs to automate it I guess, but the absence of the ability to add these weld parameters and weld process parameters to a table report just seems like an oversight on the part of PTC to me.

Does anyone else know of a better way to export common weld data as a text file, or .csv file for re-use in other applications?

If not, do you see any value in this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags