cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

First Look: Your Personalized Knowledge Recommendations

PeterCase
16-Pearl

First Look: Your Personalized Knowledge Recommendations

Our team has put together a new tool in our eSupport Portal that recommends knowedge articles that that you (and only you) need without having to delve and forage for it. The tool uses cognitive technology to select and propose relevant articles, based on your recent consumption history:

Widget.png

You can be among the first to use, and provide feedback for improvement, by accessing the tool here.

After viewing any article, a widget will appear for you to indicate if the recommendation was relevant or not, and there’s a field for you to share your assessment to help us fine tune the recommendations we serve to users:

feedback.png

Please note: the tool is just a prototype for now, so usual constraints apply: we can't guarantee availability or performance, it is available in English only and the design is purposefully simple.

If you have other questions, thoughts or suggestions about the tool which you'd like to discuss with other customers or our team, please respond to this thread.

We appreciate your time and insights.

10 REPLIES 10
LutzKarwoth
5-Regular Member
(To:PeterCase)

I did a similar distribution of "Recommended Articles" to selected PTC partners. For historical reasons mainly but not exclusively to TSPs for Creo Elements/Direct. Manually selected, on a monthly basis, no daily refresh, not related to user's recently viewed articles, ... Yours is much better !

Just one suggestion: Please reconsider the text colors. Deep black on dark grey is still ok, but light blue on light or dark grey - that could be much easier to read if there were darker fonts and more contrast.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

I don't like that I'm forced to view the article in a pop up window.  I should be able to middle click the links and open each one in a separate tab.  With this viewer I also lose the "Related" section of the articles.  Sharing relevant articles is good, but please don't change how I view and interact with the articles.

"The articles below are ones that you’ve not viewed recently..."

What is the time period for "recently"?  I've already read all of the articles listed, many of them multiple times.  I'm just not sure how recently.  It would be great if this tool listed the last time I read the article, and it would be even greater if the articles themselves could show what changed since the last time I read them.

Jean-Christophe
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

@TomU

"I should be able to middle click the links and open each one in a separate tab.  With this viewer I also lose the "Related" section of the articles.  Sharing relevant articles is good, but please don't change how I view and interact with the articles."

The interface that you are seeing right now is aiming at collecting your feedback on the validity of the recommendation during this first experimentation.

Once we release this feature on eSupport, you will be able to consume the recommended articles like you describe above, and access all the features from the article viewer.

I agree with Tom's comments.

In addition, if possible, I think that you should recommend only articles suitable for SW versions in use (that information could be taken from data sent to PTC by Performance Advisor).

If I'm using Windchill 11.0 and an article applies only to 10.2 you shouldn't recommend it.

Marco

Hi Peter,

I already wrote, using the new tools, that it's at least a couple of weeks that recommendations are always the same despite at the end of tool presentation it's written "Your list of recommendations is refreshed daily".

Another suggestion is to use data we send to Performance Advisor so that you recommend only article that make sense.

For example if we have Oracle as DB I don't think you should suggest me articles based on SQL systems or if we are an Windchill 11 you shoudn't recommend articles of last year about Windchill 10.2.

Marco

Hi @Marco_Tosin, and thank you for your feedback.

We had indeed noticed your comment on the lack of refresh and our dev team is currently looking into it.

Regarding your suggestion to filter our articles that are not relevent (version, etc.), this is indeed something that we have in mind as well. This will require significant changes in our tooling and knowledge management processes. As a result, this is probably not going to be available at first release, but may come in the future. We will see if there are some alternate techniques we could achieve similar results.

Hi Jean-Christophe,

thanks for your info.

Maybe you can look at last open/closed case where it's written on which version customer opened the case, if it's difficult to look at PA for Creo/Windchill.

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks so much for your repeat visits to the tool ! This is exactly the kind of testing we need, if it's to become a part of the routine eSupport experience. As JC mentions the dev team are working on this issue. Root cause is identified (maximum number of builds for a single model, was initially set to 20 for this prototype) and the dev team should have this addressed shortly,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I noticed one thing after you released this tool.

When it was in beta testing I could see a list of recommended articles, even if not updated, but now it's several weeks that the only things I got is:

"We weren’t able to find enough activity in the last 100 days to make recommendations for you. Please use Search to find articles of interest and come back to this page in a few days for a new list of recommendations."

It's a correct behavior?

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

I'm seeing the same thing, and I definitely create enough activity on the support site!

Top Tags