cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

I have come to a conclusion...

DeanLong
10-Marble

I have come to a conclusion...

(begin rant)

I believe the new color scheme, (the retina burning white backgrounds) in Creo has destroyed my eyes. I have worked in the CAD biz since 1984. In that time I have operated a half a dozen or so CAD software and all the environments were: Dark room, dark screens, light text. NO Problemo! Fast forward to Creo.....and my eyes are strained and ache every day. I want to get the name and address of the "researchers" that told PTC that white was the new black.

(end rant)

4 REPLIES 4

For me, it's not the white background, it's the 50 shades of light blue and light green for all the dims, curves and other entities.  Very hard to see on that white and very hard to tell one light blue/green from another.

I've struggles for a long time to get a color scheme that works well and still haven't found what I'm looking for (sorry, Bono).  The attached syscol file works pretty well for me in Creo 2 & 3.  Dark background and a few tweaks to other colors. 

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

For me...definitely the white.

Thanks for the syscol. I will give it a try.

You might want to try this one instead.  Somehow I had changed the geometry color to almost black, when made reading drawings on a dark background challenging.  This fixes that.

Still not ideal.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I do a medium grey background, like my Nook reader. I find it easier on my old eyes.

Top Tags