cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

I wanted to ask for your feedback. If you saw these buttons in our article viewer, what would you think they would represent?

kbyrnes
5-Regular Member

I wanted to ask for your feedback. If you saw these buttons in our article viewer, what would you think they would represent?

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 5.16.31 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:kbyrnes)

1. There are three related topics on PTC University.
  2. No idea.
  3. Maybe something to do with the PTC Community.
  4. Probably report a "bug", but also looks a bit like a light bulb and a little like a power button.
  5. Go to briefcase?
  6. Provide feedback.
psobejko
12-Amethyst

1) university cap = academic content; ptc university; something to learn?

white "3" in a small red circle = three new things?

together, I'd expect this button to give me a page with links to three relevant things to learn, or three other topics somehow relevant to the discussion

2) usually these 3 dots mean some kind of a "more options, or settings"  In Android, this button is usually placed at the top right of the screen...

3) Network.  Maybe this button shares the message on Facebook or Twitter or Google+ or Linked-In? Or maybe this button links the reader to the authors (e.g. follows them)?

4) Bug.  Report?

5) Package the discussion/thread?  Extract attachments?

6) Send feedback to the website operator (PTC?)

dschenken
21-Topaz I

I'd wait for the mouse-over text to pop up once. Then I would not have to guess.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:dschenken)

Knowing PTC, the mouse-over text for "Feedback" would say "Feedback"

I'd be happy to see a Mindless Mouseovers thread in this group, to hunt those out and trash/correct them.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:PeterCase)

That would be great; please start one.

Actually, I see that in Creo 3.0 a lot of the mindless mouseovers have been eradicated.  But still on occasion, you do come across something like this:

compress_output_files_description.png

Top Tags