cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

IFX Fastener Washer Issue

whitet86
4-Participant

IFX Fastener Washer Issue

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to design a few bolted connections, and am having issues with the generic bolt library.  My company is relatively new to Creo, and everywhere else I have worked all the setup and admin work had already been done with respect to part libraries.  Here we have a bare bones application and no IT support locally for Creo (and half of our files are locked to prevent me from editing them by our IT admins).

A co-worker was trying to design a 7/16" bolted connection and came to me when he couldn't get the screw tool to work.  Using only the inch catalog, I can find a 5/16" hex bolt but no 7/16", or I can use the ANSI-English library and find both but then the washer option isn't available.  I have tried checking all the washer related .mnu and .dat files (primarily wa.dat and wa.prt) and it appears all the parameters for a 7/16" bolt and washer are available.  I can even import a 7/16" bolt and washer separately using the rhb.prt and wa.prt files. Any idea on how I can get the side washer options enabled for the 16th sizes?  It would be nice if the default Creo libraries included more options like even Inventor offers. I plan to create my own fastener library once I can convince our IT to give me access.

Thank you,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you have to make sure that your diameter 7/16" = 0.4375" is available for your washer files.

In Washer_A_Narrow.dat you find a instance with this size -> WASHER-N-A-7_16

Now you have to make sure, that the washer exist in your catalog file. In the HoloKrome catalog you find a screw and a washer with this diameter. 

screw_7_16.png

In the ANSI-ENGLISH catalog you find a screw but no washer. If you want to use the Washer_A_Narrow.dat in this catalog, you have to open the <afx/ifx>\parts\ifx_catalogs\ANSI-ENGLISH.txt file and add the washer in the washer section:

washer_7_16.png

Then you also have access to this washer in the ANSI-ENGLISH catalog:

washer2_7_16.png

Of course you can also add a 7/16" size to the INCH catalog. Please refer to the IFX online help or to the IFX tutorials for more information.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

you have to make sure that your diameter 7/16" = 0.4375" is available for your washer files.

In Washer_A_Narrow.dat you find a instance with this size -> WASHER-N-A-7_16

Now you have to make sure, that the washer exist in your catalog file. In the HoloKrome catalog you find a screw and a washer with this diameter. 

screw_7_16.png

In the ANSI-ENGLISH catalog you find a screw but no washer. If you want to use the Washer_A_Narrow.dat in this catalog, you have to open the <afx/ifx>\parts\ifx_catalogs\ANSI-ENGLISH.txt file and add the washer in the washer section:

washer_7_16.png

Then you also have access to this washer in the ANSI-ENGLISH catalog:

washer2_7_16.png

Of course you can also add a 7/16" size to the INCH catalog. Please refer to the IFX online help or to the IFX tutorials for more information.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thank you Oliver.   I knew there was something I needed to add, but I could not find where it needed to go.  I made the change you recommended and it worked flawlessly.  I will look at the other links you provided and see how I can build our local library from that.

Tim

Top Tags