cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

MathCAD 15 default templates

ptc-5654448
1-Newbie

MathCAD 15 default templates

Hi everyone,

Qucik question for all you MathCAD geniuses (or is that genii?) out there.

Is there any way to redirect where MathCAD 15 looks for its templates?

As in most offices, we're on a network. There are several engineers in the office and to keep a tight control on documents, we all use the same template whenever we start a calculation.

But it's very tedious having to open up the template document from the server everytime we want to create a new document (especially as we use Meridian which seems to make you wait for no particular reason sometimes) It would be much easier using the "new" drop down menu and going straight to it.

I've tried creating a shortcut to the template document then droping the shortcut in the template folder on my C drive (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\template\EN) but to no avail as MathCAD doesn't seem to recognise shortcuts when starting a new document.

I'm just looking for a way to either make MathCAD look at a different folder to the deault template folder when I click on the "new" button or get MathCAD to recognise shortcuts.

Anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

One esample of using a template with properties of water and steam

TemplateWSP.png

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the reply but that's not quite what I mean.

I wanted to know if there was a way to get Mathcad to be directed to a template folder stored on the network, rather than the one on my C drive, when I click on "new"

Thanks

In Mathcad Prime 3

Mathcad icon > Options > Options, check the Specify an alternate folder for 'Shared Templates' button, then click Browse and the world (well, the network) is your oyster.

Top Tags