cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

PTC KCS Team: Your KCS process with respect to the support database needs improvement.

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

PTC KCS Team: Your KCS process with respect to the support database needs improvement.

As a followup to my previous post "https://community.ptc.com/t5/Community-Feedback/PTC-KCS-and-the-PTC-knowledge-base/m-p/492621#M148", I am informed this is the only forum to provide this feedback.

1. Spell Check.  Please use it on the title, the body, the entire article!

2. Review process. Why are so many mistakes getting through?
3. Grammar and style. e.g., links on a page should stand out and not look like the rest of the text (see my comments on CS183915 for an example)  Does your team utilize a style manual?

I was heavily involved at my previous employer in KCS as an Author, Reviewer, Publisher and some coaching. After working with PTC support and the PTC DB for almost 2 years now, I had to get this off my chest.  These are all common problems that are relatively easy to fix.  You have excellent products and your support materials should be nothing less :  )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sure, on the main Reference Documents page (https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp) you'll find an option to Email PTC Publications:Email.jpg

You can use that for the doucments available from that page or the ones that come with your software.

Additionally, if you have feebdack about one of the Help Centers, you can use the Provide feedback to PTC option at the top right of the page:

Help.jpg

NB: The icon may differ between products and releases!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Invisigoth,

I'm Heidi Khetani, the Knowledge Manager at PTC Technical Support. I am responsible for our Knowledge Management road map and processes which includes the overall quality of our knowledge base. In Technical Support, we are keen to promote "just-in-time" publishing of knowledge, aiming to publish information as early as possible to allow our customers to take advantage of it. On occasion this might mean that the odd typo slips through in favour of getting the content available to our customers in a timely manner.  We do have a form of style guidelines to ensure consistency across the articles so as you browse through the knowledge base, you will see the articles all have the same look and feel, across all products and topics. Please continue to use the article feedback option on articles when you have comments for the authors (good or bad), we always welcome your feedback!

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Heidi)

Heidi, can tell me how to provide feedback/corrections on your product documentation (not the KB articles).  Typically, product documentation has a feedback email address in the text somewhere but I do not see that.

Also, how to provide feedback/corrections on readme and other documents that are often included with downloadable tools?  In one particular case, I see conflicting info in the readme as compared with the tool documentation.

Thank you!

Sure, on the main Reference Documents page (https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp) you'll find an option to Email PTC Publications:Email.jpg

You can use that for the doucments available from that page or the ones that come with your software.

Additionally, if you have feebdack about one of the Help Centers, you can use the Provide feedback to PTC option at the top right of the page:

Help.jpg

NB: The icon may differ between products and releases!

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Heidi)

Fabulous. Thank you!

Top Tags