Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performing Create Request - Getting Request Number in Comments Panel

Level 1

Performing Create Request - Getting Request Number in Comments Panel

Hello. Yesterday I successfully upgraded Implementer 2009 to V12.

I have a programmer telling me that prior to the upgrade the promotion from Workbench populated the Text (comments) screen with the Request Number of the promotion. The programmer uses this to fill in the promotion forms before passing those onto the guys that move the request to live as part of the Change Control procedure.

Problem is, I can't find any where in the System Control Maintenance screen and options that would give this option.

The "Display Comments panel when performing Create Request" is set to "Y".

Further I am told that if they simply enter some text and press enter, the create request doesn't go on to create the request, i.e. the Request isn't in the "Request Inquiry" screen.

Any clues as to what might be happening here. Is this an Implementer issue, a setting somewhere or the Create Request failing ?

Any suggestions and ideas welcomed.

Many Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Level 1

Re: Performing Create Request - Getting Request Number in Comments Panel

I think you might have a couple of things going on here.

1. We recently changed the way the text screen is handled. You will notice that you now have the option to cancel the creation of the request from the comments panel. This is a requested feature that was added recently. So the actual request is not created until after the comments are entered and F9 is hit. This prevents having to use System Request/delete to get out of the screen and don't want to create the request. It also eliminates using up a request number that is never generated. Please look at the Release Notes for all of the releases from 2010 up to 12.0 for all other changes.

2. As far as the request number appearing, due to the change above, the request number is not yet available at the time the comments panel is displayed. If you are using the request report for your change control procedure, the request number is found there.

Highlighted
Level 1

Re: Performing Create Request - Getting Request Number in Comments Panel

Thank you Sharon. I discovered this first thing this morning (UK time). A bit of investigation with our developer team this morning soon showed that the initial report to me of the issue was a bit different, in that instead of continuing, as I was led to believe was the case, the cancel option was taken when the 'expected' request number wasn't displayed. I was about to come on and update when you kindly put up the answer.

Announcements
How to Change Your Community Username Read The Post

Issues Tracking Form - Submissions close Sept. 30th Learn More