cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Proactive Support Recommendation for Powered Off Server???

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Proactive Support Recommendation for Powered Off Server???

@PeterCase,

Not sure if this is your area or not, but I just received a proactive support recommendation (cache setting change) for a powered off server.  What's so odd is that the recommendation said this event first occurred on September 9, 2017 (two days ago) but the server was removed from production last March and has been completely powered off since June.  Are the recommendations not based on the actual performance of currently running systems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is the explaination : About a week ago, we have detected that the Windchill cache recommendations engine was skipping some files, preventing the corresponding system to receive their recommendations. This issue has now been corrected and we are now processing the backlog of files that were ignored. To be on the safe side, we decided to process all received files and deliver the resulting recommendations.

We expect that we will have reached the end of this backlog by the end of the week.

If you keep receiving outdated Windchill cache recommendations after this, please let us know and we will look into it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

The same thing happens to us.

I think could be a mass recommendation send to all users about a cache under dimensioned.

Marco

Thank you for this information.

On our systems, I could witness that three recommendations were sent to @Marco_Tosin recently, one of them for a server that last sent data on May 2017. I will send you a private message to confirm the system ID.

@TomU, I will contact you in private to get more information on your situation.

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi Tom, we're looking into this. Could you please confirm that this is about recommendation ID R-0013199 ?

I'm suspecting a mix-up in the mappings of server GUIDs, as powered off servers can't send events like this to trigger recommendations.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

@PeterCase.  Yes.  I sent the same info to Jean-Christophe as well.  This server last sent data to PTC on 6/30/2017.  Thanks.

Same for me.

Just sent information to Jean Christophe.

Marco
Jean-Christophe
13-Aquamarine

Thank you both for the info.

As you explained, @TomU, recommendations are supposesd to be sent on systems that are actively sending data, so what you witnessed is not what is expected. I have engaged with our infrastructure team to understand what happened.

(Note that this has affected other customers as well)

Here is the explaination : About a week ago, we have detected that the Windchill cache recommendations engine was skipping some files, preventing the corresponding system to receive their recommendations. This issue has now been corrected and we are now processing the backlog of files that were ignored. To be on the safe side, we decided to process all received files and deliver the resulting recommendations.

We expect that we will have reached the end of this backlog by the end of the week.

If you keep receiving outdated Windchill cache recommendations after this, please let us know and we will look into it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Jean-Christophe)

That makes sense.  Must be quite the backlog!  Smiley Surprised

Top Tags