cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Update via EXCEL BOM in PTC Prediction

tkupfer
3-Visitor

Update via EXCEL BOM in PTC Prediction

In PTC Windchill Prediction I used the Import Wizard to import an EXCEL BOM. This works and the tool generates a "System Tree Identifier" column. Now I want to update the BOM also using the Import Wizard and an updated EXCEL BOM. I selected "I want to update records" in the wizard but I got an error message "For an update, you must import the Identifier field". I don't know how to do this, my EXCEL BOM does not contain such an Identifier like the System Tree Identifier in the Tool. Should/can I define e.g. the Reference Designator of the parts as Identifier?

2 REPLIES 2
mfleckenstein
6-Contributor
(To:tkupfer)

The System Tree Identifier is a standard data field, where you can also import data into - but it is important that the ID is unique, otherwise there will be an error during import.

The easiest way is to add an additional column into the excel file and create a unique ID.

Either just 1, 2, 3,...etc. or build a calculation in the excel that creates a unique ID, e.g. out of the Reference Designator and partnumber (if this combination creates a unique ID).

Another option is to export the BOM from Prediction including the System Tree ID, then do the modifications in the excel and import it again.

I hope this helps.

If you need more details please contact me directly - you should have my contact details.

best regards

Markus

Hello Mr. Fleckenstein,

thank you very much. Your answer helps me a lot.

Top Tags