cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using Router Path in IDX files

pcox
2-Guest

Using Router Path in IDX files

Has anyone had experience with router paths in an IDX file?  We often design our boards with 'simple' outer geometries (like a simple rectangle) and then cut more complex shapes out using a router after the components have been assembled through reflow and wave.  These complex geometries are to help with odd install locations, snaps, etc.  I would like to use the IDX format to manage these between both the MCAD world and ECAD world.  I don't want to change it to a board outline, since then the electrical engineer will just have to re-draw the router path before sending it out to a fab house / contract manufacture. 

I'm currently using Cadence, and the NCRoute layer consists of lines with a width.  I'm not sure how CREO will see that when it brings it in.  Is it smart enough to understand the width?  Any experience or thoughts are welcome.  Thanks.

~ Pat Cox

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags