cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

VariantBOM with Windchill 10.2 and Mentor PADS VX

ppetrov
5-Regular Member

VariantBOM with Windchill 10.2 and Mentor PADS VX

Hi All,

currently I am struggling to get the Variant BOMs in Windchill 10.2 and Mentor VX1.2 to work.

The hook supplied by PTC uses the icdbPartsLister to generate the Variant BOM CSV file. However, the PartLister does not deliver the variant info, just the master BOM.

Do you know with which tool or how I can generate the variant BOM from the DxDesigner, so that I can put it into the Variant Hook? Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

I'm on 10.1 M040 so this is probably different in 10.2.  I'm not sure if using Mentor makes a difference but with Altium I am able to generate csv files for each variant.  Then in the WGM I "Edit BOM Definition" on the schematic object and check the box for "Retrieve Variants from Design Data".  This enables another checkbox in the "Generate Data" UI for the schematic.  When I generate data I have to check the "Apply to Variants" checkbox which will run the "Create Variant BOMs" hook.  Then I get the correct Primary and Variant BOMs.  Let me know if you would like a more detailed procedure.

Patrick Williams

ppetrov
5-Regular Member
(To:pwilliams-3)

Hi Patrick,

actually the problem is that I cannot generate the variant CSV file DxDesigner. In earlier versions of DxDesigner there was the option -variant in the icdbPartLister tool which generated the required variant csv files. However, this function does not work anymore with PADS VX and I am looking for alternatives...

BR Petar

Top Tags