cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

WQS 10.2 FRACAS-Module: Issue with deleting System Tree Items

osessler
8-Gravel

WQS 10.2 FRACAS-Module: Issue with deleting System Tree Items

I´m cleaning up a System Tree and prepare it for an update. I deleted several line items that have no childs, incidents etc.

During the update by Excel import the system claimed that several system tree IDs to be imported already exist.

I reviewed the cleaned system tree: no results (deleting seems to be successful)

I checked the system tree with FIND concerning the claimed IDs : no results

I applied filter in "System Tree ID": the ID which should be deleted was found by the filter, which means that these IDs still exist somehow in the tree although I deleted them.

Questions:

Is this issue already solved with 11.0?

How can I finally delete these line items from the system tree?

What really is not helpful is that the delete function is disabled in a filtered system tree. In a filtered table you can nearly do nothing.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Oliver,

You can try to open a new case for PTC's tech support, here: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Here is the current status:

We identified missing data in parent assembly or Level which means this System tree structure does not work properly.

Reason could be a failure during Excel-import or somthing happend during the attempt to delete the line item.
Reorganization part to assembly or assembly to part to correct this somehow was not possible.

Export and Import to a new System file partly solved the issue, but still not completely.

Top Tags