cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

What do you use for Issue Tracking/Enhancement Requests?

slapha
15-Moonstone

What do you use for Issue Tracking/Enhancement Requests?

This is primarily intended for teams of Windchill/Creo/Server Administrator types; the people behind the scenes making stuff work. We've gone through several iterations of work management/issue tracking, and I'm beginning my research on the next phase and looking for advice.

What do you use for tracking Issues, enhancement requests, trouble tickets, working tasks/projects, go do stuff, etc? How do you maintain a closed loop tracking process of your work on Windchill, Creo, and other PTC products?

Do you use Windchill PDMLink? (PR's for problems, CR's to initiate changes, WTParts to represent Servers or Products)

Maybe Windchill ProjectLink? (Plans, Activites, Deliverables, Tasks)

What about other PTC products? Integrity, WC Quality Solutions....?

A third-party product/service? Sharepoint, Bugzilla, Asana, Taiga.io, Jira, Trello, Basecamp...

Do you have your own home grown system?

Do you just have an Excel/Word document?

With all this, do you use the same system as all the other departments (like Engineering work authorizations, Design Projects) or is it just for your team?

Can anyone submit something, or is it just used by your group?

Just curious to see what the community has to say on the topic.

2 REPLIES 2
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:slapha)

I'll start this off.

We have a Sharepoint list just for trouble tickets by end users. That has been our most consistent portion. Tasks we or our customer define have been a wide variety. We've used Sharepoint, Windchill Projects, Excel, Dry Erase boards, and individuals keeping track of their own stuff their own way. 

My biggest concern with using Windchill/PTC products and "eating our own dog food" (using the same product we provide) is what happens if there is a failure in the system, how to you track the failure in the system that's failing? We ran into this with Sharepoint a few times, "Do I put in a SharePoint ticket to say that SharePoint isn't working?" Also if the person isn't in that tool, they can't submit something if we were to allow outside requests.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:slapha)

They use Jira here for multiple separate "things" (for lack of a better word)

Engineering uses it to track work assignments and small project progess and also to request support from corporate engineering group on off the shelf vendor component parts.

They also use adobe livecycle in other business units for tracking.

If I'm not mistaken, they use a homegrown application for external customer issue tracking (i may be wrong on this one, it's not something I deal with)

Top Tags