cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

eSupport filter on cases

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

eSupport filter on cases

Hi Peter,

yesterday I received an email from support (Cyril) about an open case.

I could reply to him only by direct mail, because I cannot see any case on esupport page (see attached images)

Capture.PNG

I think this happens because cases are filtered by creation date (last six months).

If I have an older case opened, the only way to see something is to search exactly with case number.

But what about opened SPR?

Capture.PNG

Or closed cases?

Capture.PNG

Marco
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

At the moment older cases are back again visible.

Edit: older cases are no more visible in company page.

Marco

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Marco_Tosin

With the current Case Tracker, you'd need to use the "Advanced" tab to locate your cases which were opened more than 6 months ago.

Clicking though and imagining how this would feel to a customer, the experience seems click-intenive to me. I'd appreciate any feedback you have too, as the case tracker is one of the tools on our list to bring over to our new web platform before the end of 2017.

Adding capability to filter cases with an associated SPR would be a useful feature. Do you agree ?

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply.

First of all, in my opinion users should decide if they want to see open cases older than six months (could be a preference?).

Second thing: having an open case for more than six months could be understandable, if the same is difficult to analyze and solve, but having an open spr for more than six months is not as acceptable.

Before last year's Liveworx, Jim Barrett-Smith, in a discussion in this community, told me that several SPR were pending, because some new Performance Advisor for Creo features were coming out, but that they would be taken in charge after Liveworx.

For example, I have a couple of SPRs opened that do not seem so difficult to solve, but they falsify data in the dashboard if not resolved.

See attached image.

So I do not think it's a good idea to not see easier any open case, or waiting for SPRs, older than six months.

Capture.PNG

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

@MarcoTosin wrote:

Second thing: having an open case for more than six months could be understandable, if the same is difficult to analyze and solve, but having an open spr for more than six months is not as acceptable. 

I only wish this were true.  I'm still waiting for a "High" SPR that's been open since 2004:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=1103532

Hole.PNG

In my opinion, ALL cases and related SPRs should be visible unless I choose to hide them.  If the list is too long, just paginate it.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Marco
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Edit: older cases are no more visible in company page.

Marco
Top Tags