cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

CREO 7 Tolerance showing up after exporting .drw to PDF.

MarcHaren
6-Contributor

CREO 7 Tolerance showing up after exporting .drw to PDF.

We are having an issue with the model tolerance showing up when we export a drawing to PDF.  We've tried changing the tol_display option in the .dtl file but that removes all tolerances (even in dimensions).  Any help on getting this to not export to the PDF would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

You haven't specified which version of Creo you are using. We use Creo 4.0, and those tolerances are only displayed on screen when I'm in part or assembly mode. They are not displayed when I'm in drawing mode. Thus, I've never seen them on a PDF that is saved from Creo. By "export" do you mean

Save As -> Save a Copy and setting the Type as "PDF (*.pdf)"

or

Save As -> Quick Export (*.PDF)

I use the first, because it lets me set the resolution, allows me to *not* bring up the created file in my PDF viewer, choose monochrome for the color, etc.

Maybe this is some sort of bug that was seen in older versions? I'm not aware of it, but then again, when we were using older versions of Creo we always printed to actual paper, rather than PDFs.

MarcHaren
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Sorry, CREO 7.  Yes by "export" I mean Save As --> Save a Copy --> PDF.  After looking at it some more it seems to be based on the width of the model tree.  If we minimize the model tree it goes away during export.  Is there a way to get the CREO tolerance to not show up during export?

MarcHaren
6-Contributor
(To:MarcHaren)

Solution was to close model tree when exporting PDF.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MarcHaren)

If you are seeing that tolerance on your drawing, you are getting some sort of screenshot type export.  The reason it works to turn off the model tree is that moves your drawing over so the tolerance isn't showing over the top of the drawing...that's why I know its a screen grab.

I couldn't recreate the issue, but I am on Creo 6.0.6.0. I've never seen the tolerances print like that..

StephenW_0-1667302162606.png  StephenW_1-1667302178943.png

Top Tags