cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Drawings will not show in Product View Express

GRS
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Drawings will not show in Product View Express

Can any one tell me why ProE WF 4 drawings do not show up on Product View Express?

Also I have Creo elements/View Expres and can not open drawings or models made in WF 4 or earlier, can tell me what I am doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated since PTC refuses to answer my questions on this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I think the Pro/E config option save_drawing_picture_file must be set to embed to view drawings in ProductView Express. The default for save_drawing_picture_file is no. The drawing must be saved again after this option is set.

If you are using WF5.0 or Creo, the files must be updated and saved in 5.0 format for you to be able to see or open them. This is a mojor problem for us right now for we performed the upgrade and now PVX does not work.

I also have issues with ViewExp crashing regularly on many files. Seems to choke more on DRWs, also some PRTs and ASMs. I think the issue is that these were created with an older version of ProE. I've tried an older rev of Creo ViewExp (9.1) which I had, but no difference. Perhaps a very old version will do better? Any ideas where to get one? Any other ideas?

ANDY KALATI wrote:

...Any other ideas?

Contact technical support of PTC, here: http://www.ptc.com/support/index.htm

Top Tags