cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Fatal behaviour of change_locale

hhale
1-Newbie

Fatal behaviour of change_locale

In our company we have Creo Elements Drafting with server-side startup scripts loaded, that include a lot of text notes in Shift-JIS encoding. The default language of Creo Drafting 18.1 is Japanese.

When trying to use change_locale 'en' the Creo Drafting standard menus, and buttons are switched to English words, but the program completely looses the ability to load any script with Japanese text inside.

Windows 7x64 has Japanese system locale set up.

Is there a way to force English standard menu/buttons, while keeping Japanese locale for reading scripts in Shift-JIS?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:hhale)

Hello

for macro's have a look in the "Program Reference Guide"

for the command

DEFINE_ENCODING

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

As I mentioned earlier, macros are server-side. This means, I can not change macros.

I need to change menu buttons to English text, while maintaining Japanese locale.

Can you please be more specific about DEFINE_ENCODING. How should I use it outside the macros mentioned?

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:hhale)

Hi,

>Can you please be more specific about DEFINE_ENCODING.

you can find some more information in the installation directory of drafting "appendix.htm"  "Section 7: Unicode Support"   "Macro file encoding"

>How should I use it outside the macros mentioned?

outside the macros, I think that this does not work.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

It is either not complete or not correct.

DEFINE_ENCODING SJIS throws an error from command line.

Just by cut-and-try I found that DEFINE_ENCODING JIS does not throw an error from command line. But seem to do NOTHING. At least nothing good.

DEFINE_ENCODING SJIS in startup.m does not have the desired effect.

So, id does not seem to be a solution.

"I think that this does not work."

Yep. Therefore I do not want to change locale, but just want to force the UI to be loaded with English words. In Japanese locale that should work. But the question is how to do that?

I can modify any local file from the installation. But a large part of our projects are made with those server-side scripts in Japanese, which define every style and method, as a standard in our company. Reading this UI is one hell, but at least I want to offload this brainwork by replacing standard things with readable English words.

And it does not work when put into startup.m

Top Tags