cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ME10 DWG/DWX Import multipage file

Giolun
6-Contributor

ME10 DWG/DWX Import multipage file

Hello to everybody,

I need to import a 2D drawing (DWG format) with made with several "page".

To achieve this result, I set ReadAllLayoutData ON and SideBySideLayoutView ON in DXFDWG.conf file.

When I load the file start the conversion that requires a lot of time (in  the drawing there are some geometry but many texts).

The file size is 71MB!

In the end, all 'pages' are imported correctly but, surprisingly, all texts are converted into geometry!

The texts in the original file are "text" not geometry.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I tried with ME10 20.5.1 and ME10 19 M070 with same result.

6 REPLIES 6
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:Giolun)

Hello Giolun
Can you tell us with which program your DWG was created?

> I tried with ME10 20.5.1 and ME10 19 M070 with same result.

Please check, the option "SideBySideLayoutView" came only with v20.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Giolun
6-Contributor
(To:FriedhelmK)

You are rigth. SideBySideLayoutView is a new option for the v20.
In the new version, pages are from left to rigth while, in the v19, all pages are on top of each other.

Giolun
6-Contributor

Drawings were made with Solid Edge 2D Drafting (free version).

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone

When ReadAllLayoutData is set to ON, both Model Space and Paper Spaces of the DWG file are translated.

Model Space is translated correctly (DWG texts are translated in Drafting texts), with some exceptions (text position or ratio for example).

Paper Spaces are translated in order to have the same appearance on Drafting (position and ratio of text for example). The problem is that everything is translated into geometry. Similar to printing a PDF. And I am not sure that the geometry precision itself is correct. Paper Space translation should be used for representation of drawing only, or when dimensions are not important.

Type SHOW VERTEX ON to see the result of the conversion into geometry.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Giolun
6-Contributor
(To:Kotom-Eng)

I understand what you said, but the a drawing full of geometry, instead texts, is not really usefull.

An option (i.e. DoYouWantTranslateAllTextInGeometry yes/no) could be the best solution.

So you can choose the rigth translation.

Thanks

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

As always, if something cannot be achieved directly, you can at least try to help yourself with workarounds.
Since we also have Autocad we can open the drawing with it.

Go to the page/layout and start with CTRL A and CTRL C, then open a new drawing (or stay in the same one) and paste the clipboard with CTRL V into the ModelSpace and save.

Load this into ME10.
The result is unfortunately different good or bad and depends on the CAD with which the DWG or DXF was created.

In any case, this way the text remains text.
We also get drawings where the ModelSpace is empty and then this is often the only way to get at least the clean geometry, because all arcs in the Layout are transformed into straight segments.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags