cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Received .pkg file that has drawings, how do I access them? (Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 20.1)

mnmcad
5-Regular Member

Received .pkg file that has drawings, how do I access them? (Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 20.1)

Hi,

I recently received a .pkg file with a full model and I found that it also had drawings in the structure tree. My question is how do I see these drawings so that I can export to PDF?

I have tried to open them from Annotation tab but it won't let me select from the structure tree or save from there to PDF. Is there a way to view these? I don't want to redo work that someone has already done.

Thanks

Structure Tree.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst
(To:mnmcad)

A Drawing and corresponding model (part, assembly) can be saved together in a so-called bundle file (Extension .BDL) 

The "Sender" Needs to create this Bundle and send it to you.

However, only *one* drawing at a time can exist in Annotation, so a Bundle file can also only contain

one (of possibly many existing) drawing.

Access to all drawings is only possible when you have access to the Model Manager Database,

so you can decide which of (many) drawings you want to load.

Hope this helps

@mnmcad wrote:

Hi,

I recently received a .pkg file with a full model and I found that it also had drawings in the structure tree. My question is how do I see these drawings so that I can export to PDF?

I have tried to open them from Annotation tab but it won't let me select from the structure tree or save from there to PDF. Is there a way to view these? I don't want to redo work that someone has already done.

Thanks

Structure Tree.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SmallCrucianCar
14-Alexandrite

The purple icons that you're calling drawings are view sets.  The view set is object that relates a model to a drawing.  It is not a drawing.  You need to receive drawings (MI) file that made by Annotation from your partner.

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst

A Drawing and corresponding model (part, assembly) can be saved together in a so-called bundle file (Extension .BDL) 

The "Sender" Needs to create this Bundle and send it to you.

However, only *one* drawing at a time can exist in Annotation, so a Bundle file can also only contain

one (of possibly many existing) drawing.

Access to all drawings is only possible when you have access to the Model Manager Database,

so you can decide which of (many) drawings you want to load.

Hope this helps

@mnmcad wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Structure Tree.PNG

@mnmcad 

Hey,

First of all, this message is not related to the solution to your question.

I saw your post and I thought you can help me out with my problem (https://community.ptc.com/sejnu66972/board/message?board.id=creo_elementsdirect&message.id=1326#M1326).

My university does not have the license for PTC CREO ELEMENTS/DIRECT MODELING V20 and I see that you have the license for that. I need one favor from you. I have my .pkg file and it would be really great if you can convert that file to .step file for me. I would highly appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks.

Top Tags