cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Show Ordinate Dimensions

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Show Ordinate Dimensions

All,

On 6.0.

I would like to create a part and drawing using driving/show ordinate dimensions. I prefer to not use create dimensions.

I am thinking the model needs to be set up as ordinate in order to show in the drawing.

How do I set this all up?

I am not seeing in config files.

Wayne

4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:wfalco)

When I've done this in the past it's meant that I have to be sure to create all the features I want to dimension with the ordinals using the same "zero" references. I used the same planes, dowel holes, etc. as the baseline. Then, when I started showing the dimensions on the drawing, I'd have multiple zero references. Not a big deal, I use snap lines to located the ordinal dimensions, so it was easy enough to position the multiple 0.000 ones to overlap each other.

Didn't really have to do anything else. But yes, as you are thinking, the dimensions need to be ordinal in the model.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

Thanks Ken.

Yeah I made sure to dimension to zero zero. When I have patterns I turn them to pattern tables. That brings them back to zero.

I could not figure out how to set up ordinate in the model. I showed the dims in the drawing. I then rmb and changed to ordinate (toggle ordinate/linear). It request x and y. I only got one set of zeros. So far so good. If I go back to the model it is now setup per changing via the drawing-oddly enough.

Wayne

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:wfalco)

It's easiest if the sketch being used to define the feature is done with ordinal dimensions.

When I dimension the sketch I have to pick a baseline (Dimension->Baseline), then I can put ordinal dimensions in the sketch. Later I just show them on the drawing and off you go.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:KenFarley)

hmmmmmm. So I can do in sketch? I will try. Tx.

Top Tags