cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

creo / direct express - location of quickstart project files?

SteveP
3-Visitor

creo / direct express - location of quickstart project files?

I am a new user, practicing Creo Elements / Direct Modeling. I am using the Express version until my employer gets the license for the regular version. I am migrating from Solidworks.

I am trying to find the *.pk2 files for use in the Quickstart tutorial projects. The first few do not need them, but the later ones do.  Where are these files downloaded or unzipped from?

stereo.pk2

printer.pk2

GPS_device.pk2

engine.pk2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stevegut
5-Regular Member
(To:SteveP)

I found that if I compress the files, they are only 15MB in size.  I can attach that.  here's a zip file.  Also, the printer file had a configuration.  this will not transfer via STEP.

steveg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SteveP
3-Visitor

I did find these files in the wrong file format. If anyone can change them from *.pkg to *.pk2 and drop them in here, that would be great.The file attachment block below will not let me drop the .pkg file in. I found them in this location on my hard drive:

C:/Program Files/PTC/Creo elements/Direct Modeling Express 6.0/help/project/WEB-INF/volume/DirectModeling_en.zip

When I unzipped this file, I got a number of help files, and several sub folders. The /pkg%20files/pkg folder contained the files I would like converted to pk2 format.

This seems like inattention to detail by PTC, but, free product I guess.

stevegut
5-Regular Member

If you have access to Modeling, convert the file to a STEP format.  Express can  read STEP files.  Unfortunately, there is no direct way to convert a .pkg file to a .pk2 file.

steveg

SteveP
3-Visitor
(To:stevegut)

No access to Modeling yet.  I was hoping someone who did could convert.  y\Yes, I have opened .stp files in Express before.

stevegut
5-Regular Member

As a test of our new service we are implementing, I ran the files you mentioned thru our translator service.  This web based service will convert any number of inputs to any number of outputs.  In your case, I asked it to load the 7 pkg files you mentioned and asked it to produce 7 step files.  It successfully performed this request without requiring any access to Modeling.  I would attach the results here, but the STEP files produced amounted to 68MB of data.  If you can provide me with a link of where to place these files, I'll upload them to that location.

steveg

stevegut
5-Regular Member

I found that if I compress the files, they are only 15MB in size.  I can attach that.  here's a zip file.  Also, the printer file had a configuration.  this will not transfer via STEP.

steveg

SteveP
3-Visitor
(To:stevegut)

Hi stevegut,

Thanks so very much! I got all files, unzipped and useable as STEP files.

Top Tags