cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

creo elements/pro 5.0 drawing to ACAD drawing

ptc-3173817
1-Newbie

creo elements/pro 5.0 drawing to ACAD drawing

I am looking for assistance in exporting a creo elements/pro 5.0 drawing to an ACAD drawing that will not only keep the integrity of the creo elements/pro 5.0 text but also allow me to edit the text once exported to ACAD.

after a few "save a copy" & "publish" setting variations, I am left with either non-matching but edittable text in ACAD or exact text matchings but non-edittable - like that if they were imported as a .dxf file.

Is there any, clean method via settings, formats, configs etc. that this conversion can happen cleaning?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

The best is to try matching fonts on both ends. The default PTC font, called 'font' doesn't match anything else.

Look for a uniformly spaced font that is pretty simple.

That said, there may still be trouble because each application will have its own text formatting rules; which is why there is even a 'stroke text' option; to make sure the appearance of the text is identical in the face of unknown formatting rules.

Top Tags