cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

what is the "percentage" shown in the lower right corner of the Model Manager window?

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

what is the "percentage" shown in the lower right corner of the Model Manager window?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I assume it's a ratio between used memory and max memory as:

(total - free)/max

where:

- total: the total amount of memory in the Java virtual machine

- free: the amount of free memory in the Java Virtual Machine

- max: the maximum amount of memory that the Java virtual machine will attempt to use

When you press the mouse in this panel, it's supposed to run the garbage collector, a process where the Java Virtual Machine expends best efforts toward recycling unused objects in order to make the memory they currently occupy available for quick reuse.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I assume it's a ratio between used memory and max memory as:

(total - free)/max

where:

- total: the total amount of memory in the Java virtual machine

- free: the amount of free memory in the Java Virtual Machine

- max: the maximum amount of memory that the Java virtual machine will attempt to use

When you press the mouse in this panel, it's supposed to run the garbage collector, a process where the Java Virtual Machine expends best efforts toward recycling unused objects in order to make the memory they currently occupy available for quick reuse.

Hi Louis and Pete,

The interesting part is how you get this panel.

I don't have it in my MM V19 😞

Cheers,

Max

Hey Max,

There are several conditions that make this panel appear. Let have a look at ManagerPanel.java, init().

The most current is when you debug the application from NetBeans..

Alternatively when your environment variable DEBUG_MM is "true".

Hope this helps you.

Louis and Pete,

The value (percentage) and behaviour is exacly Louis described.

Since MM ships with Java-Sources, you can look it up in

com\osm\ui\MemoryPanel.Java

The code also does a call to gc() which is the garbage collector when you click into the Window.

@Pete: You must be running DEBUG_MM=true - correct?

(from the sources, I clearly conclude that this Panel is only shown when debug is true)

Regards,

Max

Top Tags