cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This Group to be archived "Read only" on March 1st, 2022.

olivierlp
Community Manager

This Group to be archived "Read only" on March 1st, 2022.

Hello all, 

First of all: sorry for the message in English... I wish I could be fluent in Czech!

I would like to announce that we will archive this group on March 1st, 2022. At that time, it will still be accessible with the same URL, but will be "read only". It will no longer be possible to comment or post. 

The group Hezky česky was created over 10 years ago thanks to the activism and dedication of @RadovanMíček. Lately, the minimal volume visits and engagement signals that it is time to retire the group. Thanks again, Radovan, for your continued participation on the PTC Community. Thanks also to all Czech speakers / Community members for your contributions on this group and the rest of the Community!      

Olivier
2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hello @olivierlp 

what can we do to not archive this group?

Thanks for your reply in advanced

PetrH

Tags (1)
olivierlp
Community Manager

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thanks for reaching out. It is essentially about making sure that this group receives engagement from the Czech speaking audience to make it useful and bring value. 

Is there currently a need for such a group? If yes, then It would be good to have a regular posting activity. For ex: 1 new topic per week or so, with some replies to keep it alive and going. I know this is not easy...

Here is some data about the audience size itself. Over the last 30 days, the PTC Community as a whole received ~1,700 visits from the Czech Republic alone and close to 1,000 unique visitors who published ~50 posts. This is relatively small compared to the whole Community, but not insignificant either. 

During the same period, this group here received 5 visits from Czech R from 3 unique visitors based in Czech R.  

I am assuming that most if not all Czech speakers are located in Czech R. Also, to be clear, my own visits, for ex,  are not counted here since I am not in the Czech R. 

You can see the gap and it triggers questions: is the audience aware of the group? Does it bring value? Etc.

What to do to bring it back to life? Happy to chat on a call to review some options. Please send me a PM if interested. 

Olivier