cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

3D Mechanism Design Help

DominicTriana
1-Newbie

3D Mechanism Design Help

Hello everyone,

I am trying to model the dynamics of a screw mechanism that contacts a hinged part. I am not concerned with the forces or stresses, only the motion of the hinged part due to the motion of the screw. So to clarify, I have a screw moving down that contacts a hinged surface and forces it outward. Most of the videos and tutorials I have seen contain linkages connecting all the parts, but my model has two mechanisms that come into contact. My goal is to change the hinged surface's geometry and then observe the change in motion. I have no clue where to start... I've modeled my parts and the mechanisms. For the hinge I used a pin constraint and for my screw I used 4 slot/point constraints (4 threads). All help is appreciated. If you could recommend a video or book that would be great.

-Dominic

I am unable to provide a picture of the device but I've attached a simplified illustration. (MS Paint)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is the forum for CoCreate-Modeling (PE), now called CreoElements-Direct.

I can not find the ProEngineer forum, that was CreoElements-Pro.

Somebody from PTC could explain these philosophy, I don't understand anymore.

Perhaps it is Creo now, I don't know...

http://www.crazymaze.de/smili/nixwissen.gif

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In CreoElements/Direct Personal Edition is not such a function.

The full version offers a module called "Advanced Assembly" for displaying this kind of movements.

---------------------

I have access to the schools edition, do you know if this version contains the advanced assembly module? Should I repost in the creo discussions? Thanks for the help.

This is the forum for CoCreate-Modeling (PE), now called CreoElements-Direct.

I can not find the ProEngineer forum, that was CreoElements-Pro.

Somebody from PTC could explain these philosophy, I don't understand anymore.

Perhaps it is Creo now, I don't know...

http://www.crazymaze.de/smili/nixwissen.gif

---------------------
Top Tags