cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

A bug about reviewing the total load?

y于
2-Guest

A bug about reviewing the total load?

When you put a force load on the flat surface, you review total load,and the result is right; But when you put a force on the sphere surface,the result is wrong, do you all encounter this kind of problem? Attached is the images.

1.1.JPG

2.2.JPG

3.3.JPG

4.4.JPG

5.5.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisKaswer
15-Moonstone
(To:y于)

This is strange, and not good. I just ran a simple Simulate static analysis (Creo 3 M080) and the output reported -1000N as the resultant system load, just as was defined:

Load Set: LoadSet1: LOAD_TEST

Resultant Load on Model:
         in global X direction: -2.008443e-11
         in global Y direction:  2.360514e-11
         in global Z direction: -1.000000e+03

So, at least the analysis of the model is using the correct load value. I always check this reported value in the output file to make sure something did not go wrong. Certainly the internal "Review Total Load" tool needs to be fixed.

Sounds like an SPR needs to be created...right Mark or Jose?

Cheers,

Chris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Test / creo simulate 2.0 m080: OK

load_creo2_m080.JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test / creo simulate 3.0 m110: wrong

load_creo3_m110.JPG

Regards

Paul

Paul,

you are right. I'm using Creo3.0 m110,and Creo 1.0,2.0 have no this problem.

Wow, just staggering.  How can PTC ship products like this?  To err is human, but in this case, it just seems like basic testing should have caught it.

Or maybe it's the user's fault in not defining the mesh in the proper way

ChrisKaswer
15-Moonstone

This is strange, and not good. I just ran a simple Simulate static analysis (Creo 3 M080) and the output reported -1000N as the resultant system load, just as was defined:

Load Set: LoadSet1: LOAD_TEST

Resultant Load on Model:
         in global X direction: -2.008443e-11
         in global Y direction:  2.360514e-11
         in global Z direction: -1.000000e+03

So, at least the analysis of the model is using the correct load value. I always check this reported value in the output file to make sure something did not go wrong. Certainly the internal "Review Total Load" tool needs to be fixed.

Sounds like an SPR needs to be created...right Mark or Jose?

Cheers,

Chris

Christopher,you are right ,the internal "Review Total Load" tool needs to be fixed. I tested this several months ago.When I create a force measure of that direction,the result in the rpt file is right.That's why I still use this FEM even though this bug exists. Pasted below are some images I've made:

1.1.JPG

2.2.JPG

3.3.JPG

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Please file a bug report ASAP.

Review total load tool is fundamental and we use it all the time ... currently on a client project using 3.0/M110

atb

test / creo 4.0:

load_results_creo4.jpg

There is still no fix about this bug in Creo4.0 Simulate, what a pity!

y于
2-Guest
(To:346gnu)

My English is poor,sometimes it's hard for me to express the bug,so perhaps you or someone else can help me to file this report,ok?

Top Tags