cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

ARX materials wanted....

ptc-2968988
1-Newbie

ARX materials wanted....

Hi, I've been working with Pro/E for around 10 years. Just started my own design consultancy and I find that clients are obsessed with rendered images of their projects which I love to do in Advanced Render (ARX). The problem is that the standard materials supplied require a lot of trial and error configuration in the main. I tried downloading some .lwa materials files from 3rd party sources but they usually fail to work properly (WF4 M100). I work producing LED lighting designs so need plastics/ metals finishes in the main. Anyone able to offer any help?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You are not alone.. Both me and alot of our customers using ARX are missing alot of materials and textures.

In my opinion the ARX module are far from finished. Compairing with other 3D programs that are using a rendering module. The functionallity with decals and textures are in Pro/ENGINEER a bit hard to use and requiring a bit of modeling fixes to get all to work properly. One exampel is when you are using decals and want to resize, rotate etc the decal you have to save the new picture again and you are needed to have the origianl picture file. This becomes a issue if you are using a PDM system.

Whould be fun too see a preview over the CREO rendering module, is any demo on this particular module coming soon?

Kind regards,

Lars Fäldner

Yes find more ARX free materials for your renders go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creo-ARX/249926328400211

Top Tags