cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

AUTOMATICALLY DELETE DRAWING MODEL WHEN DELETING SHEET

mbrockman
6-Contributor

AUTOMATICALLY DELETE DRAWING MODEL WHEN DELETING SHEET

I wish that creo would automatically delete model from the drawing when its drawing sheet is deleted.  We utilize multi sheet drawings which capture the entire top level assembly.  We have drawings that sometimes has 200+ sheets.  The annoyance occurs when a design is copied and several models are removed.  One goes into the new drawing and deletes the obsolete sheets and then has to find and delete those models.  I would think by now that PTC would have come up with a solution which would either automatically delete those models or prompt you to remove.

Am I the only one in this boat??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may be able to leverage ModelCheck for this. See below from the help pages. ModelCheck can find (and delete) models that no longer drive a view in the drawing.

UNUSED_MODELS (Unused Models in Drawings)
Y/N/E/W
Checks for any models added to the drawing that have not been used in a view. If any are found, you can delete them from the drawing. 
If the ModelUPDATE mode is enabled, this check automatically deletes models that have not been used in a view from the drawing.
Suggested Settings:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You may be able to leverage ModelCheck for this. See below from the help pages. ModelCheck can find (and delete) models that no longer drive a view in the drawing.

UNUSED_MODELS (Unused Models in Drawings)
Y/N/E/W
Checks for any models added to the drawing that have not been used in a view. If any are found, you can delete them from the drawing. 
If the ModelUPDATE mode is enabled, this check automatically deletes models that have not been used in a view from the drawing.
Suggested Settings:
Top Tags