cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Advanced Interference Analysis plug in tool in creo

sayyadurai
10-Marble

Advanced Interference Analysis plug in tool in creo

Hi everyone,

I know there have been many threads already discussed about global interference analysis feature in creo. But I wonder why PTC didn't give much focus on this functionality so far and to me it looks like a dumb feature in creo 2.

Anyways, have any one of you attempted to develop an intelligent plug-in in creo which can do better interference analysis and provide the true interference in an asm?

What kind of Intelligence which I tried to achieve is,

1) It should exclude threaded surface interference in std components (like bolts, nuts)

2) Small Interference between hoses, cables can be excluded.

3) Interference of about 1~2 mm in welded fabricated parts are not an issue, will be burned away in reality

These are just samples. We can make our own design rules based on our need.

I just am wondering how big companies are managing in this field. Which is the world best in class solution available now? Is there any apps or plug-in already available in market?

Please share your thoughts and ideas and suggestions. We are very much in need of a solution because we burnt our hands already in many projects.

Siva.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi

There will be another software called Vis Mockup from Siemens for this study,

In this we can define the rule as we want, i.e we can mention the interference values, so that it will provide the list of parts which are interfering (having more value than we specified)

Thanks.

Top Tags