cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Boundary Blend.......worthless.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Boundary Blend.......worthless.

Ok, so, when WF came along, I noticedd that formerly pretty robust features like the "Boundary Blend" seemed to fail for no reason. I've got what should be a SIMPLE blend, and creo will show me the preview, but then it claims the "edges do not form a loop". WT_?????? What kind of horsepucky is this? I need this blend to do the work I need to get done, and again, creo fails me.

What have we dumbed down to, AutoCAD or Solidworks surfacing ability now? This was one of the areas where Pro/E SMOKED S/W, and ever since the WF iterations has, frankly, been very poorly performing.

Why can't the money be spent fixing the software's bugs instead of creating new GUI's the users HATE anyways? Tell me that.

#&%*%^#%^!!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Upload your simple blend, maybe someone can help.

Got it to work.....sort of. Funny, but at one end I have a curve, and it gives me a crease down the middle?!?! The surfaces aren't quite what I want, and still fail upon offset, but we'll see if I can't fix 'em. I'm hoping to convince the boss to buy ISDE, we'll see.

Of note, a datum curve projected on a surface is NOT as accurate as a curve from 2 surfaces intersecting, and was one of the things causing me problems. So, there was about a .0004 gap, that cleared up when I used an intersection curve.

I know they changed the software in WF (3 I think?) to change some of the way the curve calculations were done, in curves, especially when making a curve thru 2 projections, so, this might be part of the issue.

Top Tags