cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

CREO direct modeling app, thoughts.............

pfariello
1-Newbie

CREO direct modeling app, thoughts.............

So I am watching the CREO presentation where the demo is showing the direct modeling "app" making changes to model geometry and the then back in the parametric model the geometry shows as changed. I can see how this would work. What happens when the geometry being changed is in that part as a copy geom., merge, etc. and the actual features for the geometry creation reside in a parent part, skeleton or master model.

What changes then? Where is top down design in all of this?

Patrick Fariello
CommScope
1300 E. Lookout Drive, Suite 150
Richardson, TX 75082
PH: 972-792-3303
-<">mailto:->
[cid:image001.jpg@01CB775C.456DEE40]<">http://www.commscope.com/company/eng/solutions/connect_evolve/index.html>

www.commscope.com<">http://www.commscope.com/company/eng/index.html>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

If I remember correctly, the last time big money players (CEOs and the like) as well as the highly motivated and all too trusting folks made a change for the 'new and improved' way of life and business was during the last presidential election...............sheesh.

Really, we all know that PTC has a big history with this time of thinking with constant changes of approximately 2 times per year to some real big changes that brought us the likes of 2000i and 2000i2.......so why is everyone so surprised at this? PTC will always tell you that they have completely and unerrantly thought this all through.....that we should all look the the good in this. Then they put it out in production and everyone as at least a 3 month drop in productivity as well as at least a years worth of aggrevation with the support group. I love Pro-e but that doesn't mean that I am not disillusioned by PTC and it's ways.

Besides, PTC is losing ground to the likes of SolidWorks and more of it's big hitters in the military industry will be making changes as Mr. Obama's budget cuts take away most of the remaining government backed contracts (includes space). Maybe PTC will find a way to sell their product and employees to an overseas investment group that will move everything outside theborders.....hmmmmm, not so far fetched is it?
TimMcLellan
6-Contributor
(To:pfariello)

Hmm... Did you know... SolidWorks/CATIA (Dassault - French based company) and NX (Siemens - German based company).

Tim McLellan
Mobius Innovation and Development, Inc.
Top Tags