cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can`t revolve as a wall in creo sheetmetal.

hjadav
1-Newbie

Can`t revolve as a wall in creo sheetmetal.

Please help

I want to design a new part using Creo sheet metal. I`ve attached the part which I was able to draw, but problem is I cant  revolve it as wall nor I can provide thickness to the same. without thickness error in reading mesh occurs in ANSYS 16.1 . I was able to creat simple hollow cylinder with thickness of 1 mm but I cant create this part with thickness. it fails to generate.

How can i modify my design with having thickness or how can i draw new one with thickness?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:hjadav)

Could you make a screenshot of the part ? I can't open it, I get a message telling this has been done on an educative version.

Thank you for your attention and sorry for this trouble. Here is screenshot of part.00.png

hjadav
1-Newbie

Following is the screenshot of part drawing.

00.png

Also I`m facing problem in revolving sketch of this cylinder. I want to revolve it around x-axis but it says `all entities must be on same side of revolving axis` even though they are on same side, see by yourself (this happens after i`ve provided thickness of 1 mm under family table (in Tool menu) otherwise i have sketched upper part without thickness).

000.png

dschenken
21-Topaz I

It won't revolve because the in-sketch axis is automatically using the first centerline you sketched and I expect you sketched the vertical one first to mirror some entities.

Since that was the first one, and you have entities on both sides of it, the error message is correct.

You can delete the vertical centerline, but may have to re-do the symmetry, or manually select an axis. I've forgotten which since a couple of decades of remembering to sketch the revolve centerline first has eliminated the need to do anything different. In any case, once you know it's easy to remember.

Thats what I thought at first, but after drawing it with only x axis and without using mirror command problem is still the same (I cant revolve it)0000.png

dschenken
21-Topaz I

The first problem you had was the axis of revolution. The new problem is that the section can't be thickened correctly.

I would try eliminating the semicircles that form the ridges or adding fillets where they meet that are at least as large as the desired material thickness.

JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dschenken)

From the online help:

hjadav
1-Newbie

Thank you for your generousness, but this part is just outer cover, whole assembly looks like below and some rings are yet to add at ending. I have done all assembly and run through ANSYS CFX but error occurs saying that error reading mesh (its because I can`t add thickness to it). Are you suggesting that I should draw it in Solid?

fasmly.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Unless you need to "flatten" the part, I assume this is a tube that is necked down on the ends, create is as a solid.  You can revolve it as solid and shell it or revolve it  as a surface and thicken.  Shelling give you the ability to change the thickness of some walls.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags