cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Cannot edit model design of assembly? Creo 2.0 M080

ptc-4438433
1-Newbie

Cannot edit model design of assembly? Creo 2.0 M080

Why can't I use "edit design" on my assembly? I can use it in parts but when I click in assembly it doesn't work. I can "show design" which links me to a temp.lst file rather than a ".als" file which would refer to the model design program of an assembly. I'm trying to have input variables in my assembly which would modify the length of the parts assembled. I can make the relations work, just can't get it to automate or link to data file.

Thanks for the help...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see, yes.

When I click on that it tells me I don't have a required license in the assembly model.

In the part model mode, it does bring up an editor.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I am not sure what youo are referring to with "edit design" but I will welcome you to the forum, Simon.

I suspect you are referring to a function of an optional Creo extension maybe?

I might recommend the flexible model options in the assembly for varying lengths (?).

In fact, in an assembly, under the "model" tab, if you click on the "model intent" arrow, you have the option for the "program" which is the way to view and modify the model design. Usually in a part file, by clicking on "edit design" after clicking on "program" you may vie and edit the text file for the particular part. We use this file to designate parameters which will be updated by the use of a text file, which updates our model accordingly.

Hope my explanation isn't too confusing...

Thanks!

I see, yes.

When I click on that it tells me I don't have a required license in the assembly model.

In the part model mode, it does bring up an editor.

Where do you see this message? I'm getting very curious

You might have to increase the message lines on the bottom of the Creo window.

license_issue_message.PNG

Holy ****!! Never noticed that All these messages! I've been missing out on this the whole time!

Thanks! Guess I'll be calling my service rep.

If you have the required license, you should be able to add the extension to the installation.

It is easy to miss when installing the software.

The message area use to work better. I have mine set to 3 lines in config.pro.

visible_message_lines 3

Good luck and thanks for pointing out this option. Never used it before but I can see value in it.

Top Tags