cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 2.0 differences from wildfire

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Creo 2.0 differences from wildfire

Hey guys.. we just updated to Creo 2.0 from Wildfire 5. there are some small things that are different. i know some of you may know or have a tips page i can see. however.. there is something that is bothering me.

When modifying parts, click extrude, define surface, however, it never goes into sketch view. it stays in isometric view. i have to click sketch view. is there a setting that i can change to fix this?

Also, one more thing. i noticed the window tab has gone. there is no more window pull down, to toggle between files opened.

i used to click window, and it would list the drawings or parts opened up, and also have the ability to close the files. now they are just icons on the Quick Access Toolbar. is there anyway to get the window pulldown menu again?

Thanks again for all the help i have recieved on this website. i only post after i do as much searching as i can.

is there a thread, or discussion with tips and tricks? whats new, and better, or worse from wildfire 5, to Creo 2.0. or even 3.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

<<When modifying parts, click extrude, define surface, however, it never goes into sketch view. it stays in isometric view. i have to click sketch view. is there a setting that i can change to fix this?>>

File, Options, Sketcher, Check Make Sketching Plane Parallel to Screen Box under Sketcher Start Up

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

<<When modifying parts, click extrude, define surface, however, it never goes into sketch view. it stays in isometric view. i have to click sketch view. is there a setting that i can change to fix this?>>

File, Options, Sketcher, Check Make Sketching Plane Parallel to Screen Box under Sketcher Start Up

BillChapman
12-Amethyst
(To:dgrobe)

Set the config.pro option sketcher_starts_in_2d YES

StephenW
23-Emerald II

For the Windows tab, there is an icon you can add to the quick access toolbar callled Windows (with a little down arrow next to it). It will show the list of what is open and let you switch quickly to other models.

Be patient with creo 2, it's a little infuriating in the beginning but it really does improve once you start figuring out where things got moved.

dgrobe
6-Contributor

thanks everyone. learning it. im always open to new changes. especially this easy.

Top Tags