cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 2 Beam Simulation

dviberg
1-Newbie

Creo 2 Beam Simulation

Hi

I'm a frame designer from the Swedish Formula Student team "Elith Racing" and i've so far been using creo for designing and simulation. But ive recently found an issue where the simulation is acting weird.

What im doing is creating a frame using curves, then using creo simulation+ beam feature and some displacements. (See image)

Namnl%C3%B6s+bild.pngNamnl%C3%B6s+bild2.png

The simulation is for finding the torsional stiffness of the design and checking for areas that might be in risk of deformation. The "acting weird" is that the resulting force from below simulation is way to high.

Simulation setting:

To calculate torsional stiffness i need the resulting force in on of the front displacements. There is one set of displacements in the rear that are set to fixed and one set in the front that rise one side 10mm and the lowers the other -10mm)

My questions:

Is it correct to use Measures (the one in the analysis area) > Quantity = Force, Reaction at Constraint / Components = Magnitude / Constraints = one of the front dispacements) to get the resulting force?

Is there a way to find the weight when using beam feature?

Is creo 2 simulation using beams reliable? (Same math right?)

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Daniel

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags