cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 3 Surface gap filling

bponnusamy
1-Newbie

Creo 3 Surface gap filling

Hello All,

I am user of creo and I am a beginner in surface modelling in creo so I'm doing practice models. I have a doubt regrading filling a gap between surfaces I tried using boundary blend and style surface.

I am not able to do that can you please guide me how to close or patch up the gaps.

Thank you

Babusurface patch.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I filled your gap. You can not have tangency on 4 sides.

Cattura.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, but i have to be honest. You're trying something not so simple with rookie's skills.

Anyway try to see my file.

Thanks for the solution.

you've changed the model design methods to obtain the results that is one way to do it.

but I am looking for methods to fill the gap if I wasn't allowed to change the design structure as you said it will not be rookie work I am looking forward to learning it.

Thanks for the solution

Babu

I filled your gap. You can not have tangency on 4 sides.

Cattura.PNG

Hello Mauro,

Thanks for the answer this was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you

Babu

mkeskinen
6-Contributor
(To:bponnusamy)

Hello,

just a note. It's often beneficial to model surfaces larger that intended and then trim/merge as needed. See attached example.

I extended the side wall below the flat surface. After that it was possible to make the round all the way and no gaps left to fill.

BR

Miika

Hello Miika,

Thanks for the response. I agree with you the solution you said is the most efficient solution to the query.

I asked the question because I was presented with this kind of problem as interview test, They specifically asked to patch up the surface that's why.

Thank you

Babu

Top Tags