cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Parametric slow, on Dell Precision M6600 and Nvidia

ptc-4876015
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric slow, on Dell Precision M6600 and Nvidia

Our engineers use Creo Parametric and some operations take too long. There's currently a situation, where an engineer's computer is running one core to it's limits and the other 7 processor cores are doing little or literally nothing. All this, from clicking on one line, in his design. Now he just waits, even though he has 50 more lines to go.

This is for Creo Parametric 2.0 and Nvidia Quadro 5010 M

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Turn down the graphics quality settings in options. I have a similar setup and the interactive level responds exponentially when you start dialing up the graphics quality.

This is my setup and it works pretty well. I need to reduce further if the project gets bigger:

mygraphics1.PNG

mygraphics2.PNG

...and then you have excessive use of rounds. They too require a little awareness to manage good throughput.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4876015)

Creo only uses one core so the other 7 will sit idle. Better get one fast core.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dale_Rosema)

howmanycores.JPG

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Inoram)

What process are you running, Matt?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

4960x

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Matt Griswold wrote:

4960x

? I meant, what was Creo doing at the time.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomD.inPDX)

OH that was during Flexible.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Good to know some of the newer processes are using multiple cores.

Top Tags