cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo View doesnt show/load all parts

rmuller
6-Contributor

Creo View doesnt show/load all parts

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with Creo View. It is the free version.

I design something and guys in workshop need to open the assembly so they can actually assembly it. We use free version of Creo View for this.

They open the main assembly though the company network and some parts will not load. As shown on the picture.creo viewer.jpg

This is just a basic model of a conveyor but as you can see somme parts are missing from the drive mechanism also the conveyor belt didnt load up and lots of other parts too. I circled some in the model tree. As you can see they are not ticked but when I try to click on it it just wont  do anything. I think the parts would load or something.
Would you have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Radek.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think that .pvz is the best choice.

Note: Creo View Express will open complete assembly (.asm) successfully if all its subassemblies and parts are saved in one directory.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rmuller
6-Contributor
(To:rmuller)

Ok, I just found out if I save as Creo View file it opens up no problem. So I just need to make sure boys in workshop have most up to date version.

One more question is I can save in 4 different Creo View files: *.ed , *.edz , *.pvs and *.pvz ...  Any recomendations? Two of them create many files and two of them create just one file when Saved as. All keep colors.. Any particular reason to use just one of them?

Thank you.

Hi,

I think that .pvz is the best choice.

Note: Creo View Express will open complete assembly (.asm) successfully if all its subassemblies and parts are saved in one directory.

MH

Martin Hanák
rmuller
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

thank you for the file choice.

All files are saved in the same folder and still it wont load some. Strange. Anyway this workaround works ok for now so I am going to stick with that.

Thank you.

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:rmuller)

Radek,

Are the missing objects family table items by chance?  Creo View cannot open instances unless you have the instance accelerator files generated for those models.  Creo View cannot open the instance files because there is no file for the instances, only the generic.  The generic file does not contain the geometry information of each instance.  The instance accelerator files contain the geometry information of each instance, so if they are included in the directory, all the models should open correctly in Creo View.  You can create the instance accelerator files manually or automatically.  The accelerator files have a .xpr or .xas extension for part accelerator and assembly accelerator files respectively.

If you choose to use the SAVE AS Creo View method, you may want to test if the format you select will export surface models correctly.  The default publishing method out of Creo Parametric doesn't publish surfaces (if my memory serves me) by default.  We've run into Creo View "missing model" issues in the past because some models were surface models, and not solid.  Our surface models were typically imported models from vendors that did not solidify when imported.  You can change the publishing method out of Creo Parametric.

Regards,

Dan N.

rmuller
6-Contributor
(To:dnordin)

Hi Daniel,

thank you for your input. However all the aluminium profiles that are visible on the pictures are family table parts. Also the conveyor guides are family table parts. Missing parts from this model are solid parts that I have designed myself. It got weird even more now

Thank you for the surface model heads up. I will keep an eye on it. I always tend to use step files rather than iges since I believe step files are kept as solid files.

Radek.

VeqTor
12-Amethyst
(To:dnordin)

Hi all,

grateful for this discussion. I seem to have a similar problem.

I have an ASM assembly here in Creo View with several PRT parts and some ASM sub-assemblies. One of the sub-assemblies (let's call it "NoShow") doesn't load or show, as you can see in the screenshot below:

https://i.imgur.com/ZtQNFLE.png

The same happens when I open that ASM subassembly ("NoShow") directly from the directory in Windows Explorer in Creo View -- and even when I load any single PRT part of that subassembly directly to Creo View , see screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/IcBiN7x.png

Here is a text comparison of the header of the not loading PRT part from above screenshot -- ("NoShow", left) with a part that loads without problems ("Show", right):

https://i.imgur.com/nL86QDY.png

Could it have something to do with the fact that the not-loading part (above left) is marked as "PART/SKEL_MODEL" in the header?

If so, what would I need to obtain from the engineer in order to be able to see that "NoShow" PRT part in Creo View?

Top Tags