cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo for progressive die and transfer die design

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Creo for progressive die and transfer die design

I'm Evaluating creo for my company. We create metal stamping dies. There is any user in forum that uses creo for this purpose?

If yes can you answer me the following questions?

Surface modeling is enough? Compared to a CATIA or NX package do you think that's a good choice?

In context assembly, is it reliable? Is it possible to start a die design with one geometrie (Trim line and surfaces), and after change the trim line and surface (after all simulation made in autoform or simillar)?

Imagine that I insert a few guide bushes in my design. Those guide bushes needs to be adapted to the plate or cast (create the hole, threaded hole for clamps...) do I need to create that features one by one to each guide bushe, or can i have those features in my template for a later use in my design?

Is there any tool to help designers, creating the blank of a complex shape part?

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CAD_user)

I was originally taught how to use Creo (Pro/e) by designing progressive (and some large transfer) dies, so yes, it is entirely possible.  On the other hand, if I was starting from scratch I would probably jump to SolidWorks and use Logopress instead.  http://www.logopress3.com/en/products.php

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Thank you.

So you work with SolidWorks. how you rate it compared to Creo?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

We do have a few seats of SolidWorks here but I don't use it on a daily basis.  I know Creo Parametric quite well and there is nothing currently available that can compare with what Logopress can do with Solidworks.  Yes, you can create start parts, perform customizations, even purchase something like SmartAssembly, but the amount of effort involved will be very large to get even close to the out-of-the-box capabilities of Logopress.  If you are serious about designing progressive dies, do yourself a favor and at least have a discussion with the guys from Accurate Die Design.

*Disclaimer - I do not own Logopress or have any vested interest in the software or the company that sells it.  I have been through a couple of demos and was very, very impressed.  I have spent great amounts of time and effort building similar functionality in Pro/e (before Logopress existed.)  Save yourself the effort and just buy something that already has these capabilities.

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Hello thanks by your help.

I have assisted a demo, and really looks impressive. But still there is a lot of a work in our side, to have the needed design in hour type of tools.

We are trying to made a few options.

This is our options at the moment.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/CAD-software-for-metal-stamping-company/m-p/494873#M114297

ndodelova
4-Participant

Did you check the solution suite ProgressivePower running on PTC's Creo Elements/Direct ?
http://www.progressive-power.com/

Top Tags