cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo2: Create 3D model Annotation/Note Flat to Screen with a Leader?

LawrenceS
18-Opal

Creo2: Create 3D model Annotation/Note Flat to Screen with a Leader?

This could be done in ProE WF4, but it looks absent from Creo2. We can even place a 3D Note in the model with a leader but when we change it from a planar surface to Flat to Screen the Leader disappears with apparently no ability to bring it back.

Any ideas on how to get a leader on at 3D note and have it still be oriented Flat to the Screen (meaning you can always read it Left to right no matter how you orient the model)?

See attached pictures for what I am hoping to do in Creo2. These pictures were taken of a 3D note that was done in ProE wf4

Lawrence

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Video combined with the instructions on the other forum did the trick. My coworker, found and posted the steps more precisely. So if anyone else has this problem, go to the above mentioend forum

Re: New to Creo need help with text

Thank you for your help!

Lawrence

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I searched this forum using several combinations of key words, I don't know why that post did not come up. Thanks for the reference.

After following your instructions in that forum I am still unable to choose geometry with a leader line. It does snap to the origin when I choose geometry but then I cannot place it at all. You both referenced a video you made but I did not see it there, do you still have it? Or can you direct me to it if it is posted somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Lawrence

Videos have a bad habit of not showing until you refresh the browser several times.

Video Link : 4792

I have attached the video

good to know, thanks for showing off screencast-o-matic, that looks pretty good!

Ryan, I do like Screencast better than Camstudio. It does mess with the "fluidity" of Creo, but if you know to expect it, you can compensate. Do you know if you can change highlight colors when you use the left and right mouse buttons?

The Video combined with the instructions on the other forum did the trick. My coworker, found and posted the steps more precisely. So if anyone else has this problem, go to the above mentioend forum

Re: New to Creo need help with text

Thank you for your help!

Lawrence

PTC provide a workaround about this issue at Creo 2.0 M090+ and Creo 3.0 by set config.pro option allow_flat_to_screen_note to yes

Please refer to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS153536

Top Tags